Nebraska Revised Statute 79-308
Teacher's institutes and conferences; organization; supervision; grant funding to implement evaluation model and training.
(1) The Commissioner of Education shall organize institutes and conferences at such times and places as he or she deems practicable. He or she shall, as far as practicable, attend such institutes and conferences, provide proper instructors for the same, and in other ways seek to improve the efficiency of teachers and advance the cause of education in the state.
(2) The Legislature finds that (a) an educator-effectiveness system includes a quality evaluation system with the primary goal of improving instruction and learning in every school district and (b) school districts have an opportunity to receive training on the quality evaluation models.
(3) Beginning with the 2016-17 school year through the 2019-20 school year, school districts may apply to the State Department of Education for grant funding for a period of up to two years to implement an evaluation model for effective educators and to obtain the necessary training for administrators and teachers for such model.
(4) The State Board of Education may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out this section.
- Laws 1881, c. 78, subdivision VIII, § 2, p. 363;
- R.S.1913, § 6899;
- C.S.1922, § 6475;
- C.S.1929, § 79-1602;
- R.S.1943, § 79-1605;
- Laws 1949, c. 256, § 25, p. 700;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-304;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 136;
- Laws 2015, LB525, § 7.