Nebraska Revised Statute 79-2,116
Chapter 79 Section 2,116
Legislative findings; discriminatory practices enumerated.
The Legislature finds and declares that it shall be an unfair or discriminatory practice for any educational institution to discriminate on the basis of sex in any program or activity. Such discriminatory practices include, but are not limited to, the following practices:
(1) Exclusion of a person or persons from participation in, denial of the benefits of, or subjection to discrimination in any academic, extracurricular, research, occupational training, or other program or activity, except athletic programs;
(2) Denial of comparable opportunity in intramural and interscholastic athletic programs;
(3) Discrimination among persons in employment and the conditions of such employment; and
(4) The application of any rule which discriminates on the basis of (a) the pregnancy of any person, (b) the marital status of any person, or (c) the condition of being a parent. Rules requiring certification of a physician's diagnosis and such physician's recommendation as to what activities a pregnant person may participate in are permissible. For purposes of this section marital status shall include the condition of being single, married, widowed, or divorced.
- Laws 1982, LB 628, § 3;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-3003;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 120.