Nebraska Revised Statute 79-1248
Chapter 79 Section 1248
Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council; powers and duties.
The powers and duties of the Educational Service Unit Coordinating Council include, but are not limited to:
(1) Providing public access to lists of qualified distance education courses;
(2) Collecting and providing school schedules for participating educational entities;
(3) Facilitation of scheduling for qualified distance education courses;
(4) Brokering of qualified distance education courses to be purchased by educational entities;
(5) Assessment of distance education needs and evaluation of distance education services;
(6) Compliance with technical standards as set forth by the Nebraska Information Technology Commission and academic standards as set forth by the State Department of Education related to distance education;
(7) Establishment of a system for scheduling courses brokered by the council and for choosing receiving educational entities when the demand for a course exceeds the capacity as determined by either the technology available or the course provider;
(8) Administration of learning management systems, either through the staff of the council or by delegation to an appropriate educational entity, with the funding for such systems provided by participating educational entities; and
(9) Coordination with educational service units and postsecondary educational institutions to provide assistance for instructional design for both two-way interactive video distance education courses and the offering of graduate credit courses in distance education.