Nebraska Revised Statute 79-11,157.01
School district; provide information relating to dyslexia; State Department of Education; duties.
(1) On or before July 1 of each year, each school district shall provide to the State Department of Education, on forms prescribed by the department, information relating to dyslexia. Such information shall include, but not be limited to, the number of students in each public school in such district:
(a) Tested for a specific learning disability in the area of reading, including tests that identify characteristics of dyslexia and the results of such tests;
(b) Identified as having a reading issue, including dyslexia, pursuant to the assessment administered under the Nebraska Reading Improvement Act; and
(c) Identified as described in subdivision (b) of this subsection that have shown growth on the measure used to identify the reading issue.
(2) The State Department of Education shall annually compile the information received pursuant to subsection (1) of this section and provide a report on such information electronically to the Legislature on or before September 1 of each year.
(3) The State Board of Education may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out this section.
- Laws 2023, LB298, § 1.
- Effective Date: September 2, 2023
- Nebraska Reading Improvement Act, see section 79-2601.