Nebraska Revised Statute 79-1077
Chapter 79 Section 1077
Affiliation; tax levy; computation.
(1) Whenever the affiliation of a Class I district or portion thereof becomes final, the general fund property tax requirement of the high school district and each Class I district or portion thereof in an affiliated school system shall be certified to the county assessor for computation of an affiliated school system tax levy. The proceeds of such tax levy, upon collection by the county, shall be distributed to the districts in the affiliated school system in amounts which are in proportion to the amounts of the general fund property tax requirements certified by such districts to the county assessor. Such tax levy shall be computed as follows:
(a) If one or more Class I districts affiliate with only one high school district, the sum of the general fund property tax requirements of the high school district and all such Class I districts shall be divided by the sum of the assessed valuation, in hundreds, of all such districts; or
(b) If a Class I district or portion thereof affiliates with more than one high school district, such Class I district's general fund property tax requirement shall be apportioned to respective portions of such Class I district for purposes of this computation based on each portion's assessed taxable valuation in relation to the total assessed valuation of all affiliated portions of the Class I district certified by the county clerk pursuant to section 79-1074, and the affiliated school system tax levy shall be computed as though it were a single district as prescribed in subdivision (a) of this subsection.
(2) When a Class I district or portion thereof affiliates in part with one or more districts and in part becomes a part of one or more Class VI districts, the tax levy assessed on taxable property within the Class I district to fund the portion of the budget of the Class I district which is to come from the general fund property tax requirement shall be made as follows:
(a) The proportionate share of the Class I district budget allocable to any affiliated system shall be assessed on all property within such affiliated system as described in this section; and
(b) The proportionate share of the Class I general fund property tax requirement not allocable to any affiliated system shall be assessed in accordance with section 79-1078.
- Laws 1990, LB 259, § 23;
- Laws 1991, LB 511, § 28;
- Laws 1992, LB 245, § 33;
- Laws 1993, LB 839, § 3;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-438.12;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 723;
- Laws 1999, LB 272, § 108.