Nebraska Revised Statute 79-1044
Chapter 79 Section 1044
Forest reserve funds; distribution for schools and roads; how made.
The forest reserve funds, annually paid into the state treasury by the United States Government under an act of Congress approved June 30, 1906, shall be distributed among the counties of the state entitled to the same for the benefit of the public schools and the public roads of such counties based upon information provided by the United States Department of the Interior under the direction of the Commissioner of Education in the following manner:
(1) The State Treasurer shall annually on the first Monday in July certify to the commissioner the amount of money received from the United States Government as Nebraska's proportionate share of the income from the forest reserves within the state for the most recent complete fiscal year; and
(2) The commissioner shall, on or before August 5, make apportionment of such funds to such counties according to the number of acres of forest reserve in each county and certify the apportionment of each county to the county treasurer of the proper county and to the Director of Administrative Services. The director shall draw a warrant on the State Treasurer in favor of the various counties for the amount specified by the commissioner.
- Laws 1907, c. 143, § 1, p. 453;
- R.S.1913, § 6938;
- C.S.1922, § 6521;
- C.S.1929, § 79-2010;
- R.S.1943, § 79-2010;
- Laws 1947, c. 284, § 1, p. 892;
- Laws 1949, c. 256, § 384, p. 820;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-1309;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 690;
- Laws 1999, LB 272, § 99;
- Laws 2001, LB 797, § 33;
- Laws 2011, LB333, § 11.