Nebraska Revised Statute 76-3203
Registration; application; contents; form; surety bond; qualifications; renewal.
(1) An application for issuance of a registration shall be made in writing to the board on forms approved by the board, which includes, but is not limited to, all information required by the board necessary to administer and enforce the Nebraska Appraisal Management Company Registration Act, and the name of the contact person for the appraisal management company.
(2) An applicant for issuance of a registration shall furnish to the board, at the time of making application, a surety bond in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars. The surety bond required under this subsection shall be issued by a bonding company or insurance company authorized to do business in this state, and a copy of the bond shall be filed with the board. The bond shall be in favor of the state for the benefit of any person who is damaged by any violation of the Nebraska Appraisal Management Company Registration Act. The bond shall also be in favor of any person damaged by such a violation. Any person claiming against the bond for a violation of the act may maintain an action at law against the appraisal management company and against the surety. The aggregate liability of the surety to all persons damaged by a violation of the act by an appraisal management company shall not exceed the amount of the bond. The bond shall be maintained until one year after the date that the appraisal management company ceases operation in this state.
(3) A registration shall be issued only to persons who:
(a) Meet the requirements for issuance of a registration;
(b) Have a good reputation for honesty, trustworthiness, integrity, and competence to perform appraisal management services in such manner as to safeguard the interest of the public as determined by the board; and
(c) Have not had a final civil or criminal judgment entered against them for fraud, dishonesty, breach of trust, or misrepresentation involving real estate, financial services, or appraisal management services within a five-year period immediately preceding the date of application.
(4) A registration shall be valid for a period of twelve months beginning on the date which the registration was issued or renewed unless canceled, revoked, or surrendered.
(5) All information related to an appraisal management company’s registration shall be reported to the Appraisal Subcommittee as required by Title XI of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989, the AMC final rule, and any policy or rule established by the Appraisal Subcommittee.
(6) The renewal of a registration includes the same requirements found in subsections (1) through (5) of this section. An application for renewal of a registration shall be furnished to the board no later than sixty days prior to the date of expiration of the registration.
(7) For the purpose of subdivision (6) of section 76-3202, the twelve-month period for renewal of a registration shall consist of the twelve months pursuant to subsection (4) of this section.