Nebraska Revised Statute 76-3106
Chapter 76 Section 3106
Private transfer fee, defined.
Private transfer fee means a fee or charge payable upon the transfer of an interest in real property, or payable for the right to make or accept such transfer, regardless of whether the fee or charge is a fixed amount or is determined as a percentage of the value of the property, the purchase price, or other consideration given for the transfer. Private transfer fee does not include:
(1) Any consideration payable by the grantee to the grantor for the interest in real property being transferred, including any subsequent additional consideration for the property payable by the grantee based upon any subsequent appreciation, development, or sale of the property, if the additional consideration is payable on a one-time basis only and the obligation to make such payment does not bind successors in title to the property. For purposes of this subdivision, an interest in real property may include a separate mineral estate and its appurtenant surface access rights;
(2) Any commission payable to a licensed real estate broker or salesperson for the transfer of real property pursuant to an agreement between the broker or salesperson and the grantor or the grantee, including any subsequent additional commission for that transfer payable by the grantor or the grantee based upon any subsequent appreciation, development, or sale of the property;
(3) Any interest, charges, fees, or other amounts payable by a borrower to a lender pursuant to a loan secured by a mortgage or trust deed against real property, including any fee payable to the lender for consenting to an assumption of the loan or a transfer of the real property subject to the mortgage or trust deed, any fees or charges payable to the lender for estoppel letters or certificates, and any shared appreciation interest or profit participation or other consideration payable to the lender in connection with the loan;
(4) Any rent, reimbursement, charge, fee, or other amount payable by a lessee to a lessor under a lease, including any fee payable to the lessor for consenting to an assignment, subletting, encumbrance, or transfer of the lease;
(5) Any consideration payable to the holder of an option to purchase an interest in real property or the holder of a right of first refusal or first offer to purchase an interest in real property for waiving, releasing, or not exercising the option or right upon the transfer of the real property to another person;
(6) Any tax, fee, charge, assessment, fine, or other amount payable to or imposed by a governmental authority;
(7) Any fee, charge, assessment, dues, fine, contribution, or other amount payable to a homeowners, condominium, cooperative, mobile home, or property owners association pursuant to a declaration or covenant or bylaw applicable to such association, including fees or charges payable for estoppel letters or certificates issued by the association or its authorized agent;
(8) Any fee, charge, assessment, dues, contribution, or other amount pertaining solely to the purchase or transfer of a club membership relating to real property owned by the member, including any amount determined by reference to the value, purchase price, or other consideration given for the transfer of the real property; or
(9) Any payment required pursuant to an environmental covenant.