Nebraska Revised Statute 76-2713
Chapter 76 Section 2713
Foreclosure consulting contract; form; notice required; right to cancel; notice.
(1) A foreclosure consulting contract shall be in writing and provided to and retained by the homeowner, with changes, alterations, or modifications, for review at least twenty-four hours before it is signed by the homeowner.
(2) A foreclosure consulting contract shall be printed in at least twelve-point type and shall include the name, address, facsimile number, and email address of the foreclosure consultant to which a notice of cancellation may be delivered and the date the homeowner signed the contract.
(3) A foreclosure consulting contract shall fully disclose the exact nature of the foreclosure consulting services to be provided and the total amount and terms of any compensation to be received by the foreclosure consultant or associate.
(4) A foreclosure consulting contract shall be dated and personally signed, with each page being initialed by each homeowner of the residence in foreclosure and the foreclosure consultant, and shall be acknowledged by a notary public in the presence of the homeowner at the time the contract is signed by the homeowner.
(5) A foreclosure consulting contract shall contain the following notice, which shall be printed in at least fourteen-point, boldface type, completed with the name of the foreclosure consultant, and located in immediate proximity to the space reserved for the homeowner's signature:
NOTICE REQUIRED BY NEBRASKA LAW
............... (NAME OF FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT) OR (HIS/HER/ITS) ASSOCIATE CANNOT ASK YOU TO SIGN OR HAVE YOU SIGN ANY DOCUMENT THAT TRANSFERS ANY INTEREST IN YOUR HOME OR PROPERTY TO (HIM/HER/IT) OR (HIS/HER/ITS) ASSOCIATE.
............... (NAME OF FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT) OR (HIS/HER/ITS) ASSOCIATE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOU THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO REFINANCE YOUR HOME OR ARRANGE FOR YOU TO KEEP YOUR HOME. YOU MAY, AT ANY TIME, CANCEL THIS CONTRACT, WITHOUT PENALTY OF ANY KIND.
IF YOU WANT TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT, MAIL OR DELIVER A SIGNED AND DATED COPY OF THIS NOTICE OF CANCELLATION, OR ANY OTHER WRITTEN NOTICE, INDICATING YOUR INTENT TO CANCEL TO ............... (NAME OF FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT) AT ............... (ADDRESS OF FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT, INCLUDING FACSIMILE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS).
AS PART OF ANY CANCELLATION, YOU (THE HOMEOWNER) MUST REPAY ANY MONEY ACTUALLY SPENT ON YOUR BEHALF BY ............... (NAME OF FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT) PRIOR TO RECEIPT OF THIS NOTICE AND, AS A RESULT OF THIS AGREEMENT, WITHIN SIXTY DAYS, ALONG WITH INTEREST AT THE PRIME RATE PUBLISHED BY THE FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD PLUS TWO PERCENTAGE POINTS, WITH THE TOTAL INTEREST RATE NOT TO EXCEED EIGHT PERCENT PER YEAR.
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT LEGAL CONTRACT AND COULD RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR HOME. CONTACT AN ATTORNEY OR A HOUSING COUNSELOR APPROVED BY THE FEDERAL DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT BEFORE SIGNING.
(6) A completed form in duplicate, captioned NOTICE OF CANCELLATION, shall accompany a foreclosure consulting contract. The notice of cancellation shall:
(a) Be on a separate sheet of paper attached to the contract;
(b) Be easily detachable; and
(c) Contain the following statement, printed in at least fourteen-point type:
NOTICE OF CANCELLATION
............... (DATE OF CONTRACT)
TO: (NAME OF FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT)
(ADDRESS OF FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT, INCLUDING FACSIMILE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS)
I HEREBY CANCEL THIS CONTRACT.
............... (HOMEOWNER'S SIGNATURE)
(7) A foreclosure consultant shall provide to the homeowner a signed, dated, and acknowledged copy of the foreclosure consulting contract and the attached notice of cancellation immediately upon execution of the contract.
(8) The time during which the homeowner may cancel a foreclosure consulting contract does not begin to run until the foreclosure consultant has complied with this section.