Nebraska Revised Statute 75-902
For purposes of the Grain Dealer Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Commission means the Public Service Commission;
(2) Direct delivery grain has the same meaning as in section 88-526;
(3) Direct delivery obligation has the same meaning as in section 88-526;
(4) Grain includes, but is not limited to, all unprocessed beans, whole corn, milo and other sorghum, wheat, rye, barley, oats, millet, safflower seed and processed plant pellets, alfalfa pellets, and any other bulk pelleted agricultural storable commodity, except grain which has been processed or packaged for distribution as seed;
(5)(a) Grain dealer means any person, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or association that (i) buys grain from the producer of the grain within this state for purposes of selling such grain or (ii) acts as an employee or agent of a buyer or seller for purposes of collective bargaining in the marketing of grain.
(b) Grain dealer does not include (i) a feeder or custom feeder of livestock or poultry or (ii) a warehouse licensee under the Grain Warehouse Act or a warehouse licensee under the United States Warehouse Act of a warehouse located in Nebraska if the warehouse licensee does not buy, sell, or transport grain other than grain that is received at its licensed warehouse facilities;
(6) In-store transfer has the same meaning as in section 88-526;
(7) Post-direct delivery storage position has the same meaning as in section 88-526; and
(8) Producer means the owner, tenant, or operator of land in this state who has an interest in and receives all or part of the proceeds from the sale of grain produced on that land.
- Grain Warehouse Act, see section 88-525.