Nebraska Revised Statute 75-304
Classification of carriers; rules and regulations; contract carriers; insurance; applicability of rules and regulations.
(1) The commission may establish such just and reasonable classifications of groups of carriers, included in the terms common carrier and contract carrier, as the special nature of the services performed by such carriers require and adopt and promulgate such just and reasonable rules, regulations, and requirements, to be observed by the carrier so classified or grouped, as the commission deems necessary or desirable in the public interest and as are consistent with the provisions of sections 75-301 to 75-322. All certificates and permits issued by the commission shall be construed and interpreted, and the operations authorized thereunder shall be tested and determined, in accordance with such classification so established and any rule, regulation, or requirement prescribed by the commission relating to such carrier so classified.
(2) Contract carriers shall obtain and maintain uninsured and underinsured insurance coverage for each passenger in each motor vehicle in minimum amounts to be established by the commission.
(3) The commission shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out sections 75-323 to 75-343. The rules and regulations found in chapter 3 of title 291 of the Nebraska Administrative Code shall not apply to transportation network companies. If there is any conflict between sections 75-301 to 75-322 and sections 75-323 to 75-343 regarding the regulation of transportation network companies, the provisions of sections 75-323 to 75-343 shall apply.
- Laws 1963, c. 425, art. III, § 4, p. 1378;
- Laws 1969, c. 606, § 3, p. 2469;
- Laws 1989, LB 78, § 20;
- Laws 1993, LB 412, § 6;
- Laws 1994, LB 414, § 68;
- Laws 1995, LB 424, § 26;
- Laws 2015, LB629, § 24.