Nebraska Revised Statute 73-504
Competitive bidding requirements.
Except as provided in section 73-507:
(1) All state agencies shall comply with the review and competitive bidding processes provided in this section for contracts for services. Unless otherwise exempt, no state agency shall expend funds for contracts for services without complying with this section;
(2) All proposed state agency contracts for services in excess of fifty thousand dollars shall be bid in the manner prescribed by the division procurement manual or a process approved by the Director of Administrative Services. Bidding may be performed at the state agency level or by the division. Any state agency may request that the division conduct the competitive bidding process;
(3) If the bidding process is at the state agency level, then state agency directors shall ensure that bid documents for each contract for services in excess of fifty thousand dollars are prereviewed by the division and that any changes to the proposed contract that differ from the bid documents in the proposed contract for services are reviewed by the division before signature by the parties;
(4) State agency directors, in cooperation with the division, shall be responsible for appropriate public notice of an impending contractual services project in excess of fifty thousand dollars in accordance with the division's procurement manual and sections 73-501 to 73-510; and
(5) State agency directors, in cooperation with the division, shall be responsible for ensuring that a request for contractual services in excess of fifty thousand dollars is filed with the division for dissemination or website access to vendors interested in competing for contracts for services.