Nebraska Revised Statute 71-7710
Chapter 71 Section 7710
Act; how construed.
Nothing in the Health Care Facility-Provider Cooperation Act shall be construed to prohibit:
(1) The formation of a cooperative agreement that has been approved in whole or in part in accordance with the act;
(2) Community planning, discussions, or negotiations intended in good faith to cumulate in a cooperative agreement to be filed with the department;
(3) Any conduct or activity reasonably necessary and reasonably foreseeable to implement an approved cooperative agreement or a decision or order issued by the department; or
(4) The negotiation of or entering into a cooperative agreement which is filed with the department. Such agreements, conduct, or activities shall not be held or construed to be illegal combinations or conspiracies in restraint of trade under the act. Directors, trustees, or their representatives of a health care facility or provider who participate in the discussion or negotiation shall be immune from civil actions or criminal prosecutions for a violation of state or federal antitrust laws unless the discussion or negotiation exceeds the scope authorized by the Health Care Facility-Provider Cooperation Act.
- Laws 1994, LB 1223, § 120.