Nebraska Revised Statute 71-7107
Chapter 71 Section 7107
Department of Health and Human Services; duties.
The Department of Health and Human Services shall be the lead agency for the program. The department shall:
(1) Provide office support to program activities;
(2) Provide necessary equipment for the program and participants;
(3) Provide staff support to the council;
(4) Adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to implement the program;
(5) Recruit hospital personnel and emergency medical workers to be trained as critical incident stress management peers;
(6) Participate in the training and continuing education of such peers and mental health professionals; and
(7) Appoint a director for the program who shall be an employee of the department and shall be the chairperson of the committee.
- Laws 1991, LB 703, § 7;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 774;
- Laws 1997, LB 184, § 7;
- Laws 2007, LB296, § 670.