Nebraska Revised Statute 71-649
Chapter 71 Section 649
Vital statistics; unlawful acts; enumerated; violations; penalties; warning statement.
(1) Any person who (a) willfully and knowingly makes any false statement in a certificate, record, or report required to be filed pursuant to the Vital Statistics Act, in an application for an amendment thereof, or in an application for a certified copy of a vital record or willfully and knowingly supplies false information intending that such information be used in the preparation of any such report, record, certificate, or amendment thereof; (b) without lawful authority and with the intent to deceive, makes, counterfeits, alters, amends, or mutilates any certificate, record, or report required to be filed pursuant to the act or a certified copy of such certificate, record, or report; (c) willfully and knowingly obtains, possesses, uses, sells, furnishes, or attempts to obtain, possess, use, sell, or furnish to another, for any purpose of deception, any certificate, record, report, or certified copy thereof so made, counterfeited, altered, amended, or mutilated; (d) with the intention to deceive, willfully and knowingly obtains, possesses, uses, sells, furnishes, or attempts to obtain, possess, use, sell, or furnish to another any certificate of birth or certified copy of a certificate of birth knowing that such certificate or certified copy was issued upon a certificate which is false in whole or in part or which relates to the birth of another person, whether living or deceased; (e) willfully and knowingly furnishes or possesses a certificate of birth or certified copy of a certificate of birth with the knowledge or intention that it be used for the purposes of deception by a person other than the person to whom the certificate of birth relates; (f) without lawful authority possesses any certificate, record, or report required by the act or a copy or certified copy of such certificate, record, or report knowing the same to have been stolen or otherwise unlawfully obtained; or (g) willfully and knowingly tampers with an electronic signature authorized under section 71-603.01 shall be guilty of a Class IV felony.
(2) Any person who (a) willfully and knowingly refuses to provide information required by the Vital Statistics Act or rules and regulations adopted under the act or (b) willfully and knowingly neglects or violates any of the provisions of the act or refuses to perform any of the duties imposed upon him or her under the act shall be guilty of a Class I misdemeanor.
(3) The department may include on any appropriate certificate or document a statement warning of the consequences for any such violation.
- Laws 1977, LB 72, § 2;
- Laws 1978, LB 748, § 37;
- Laws 1994, LB 886, § 14;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 550;
- Laws 1997, LB 307, § 168;
- Laws 2005, LB 301, § 29.