Nebraska Revised Statute 71-434
(1) Licensure activities under the Health Care Facility Licensure Act shall be funded by license fees. An applicant for an initial or renewal license under section 71-433 shall pay a license fee as provided in this section.
(2) License fees shall include a base fee of fifty dollars and an additional fee based on:
(a) Variable costs to the department of inspections, architectural plan reviews, and receiving and investigating complaints, including staff salaries, travel, and other similar direct and indirect costs;
(b) The number of beds available to persons residing at the health care facility;
(c) The program capacity of the health care facility or health care service; or
(d) Other relevant factors as determined by the department.
Such additional fee shall be no more than two thousand six hundred dollars for a hospital or a health clinic operating as an ambulatory surgical center, no more than two thousand dollars for an assisted-living facility, a health clinic providing hemodialysis or labor and delivery services, an intermediate care facility, an intermediate care facility for persons with developmental disabilities, a nursing facility, or a skilled nursing facility, no more than one thousand dollars for home health agencies, hospice services, and centers for the developmentally disabled, and no more than seven hundred dollars for all other health care facilities and health care services.
(3) If the licensure application is denied, the license fee shall be returned to the applicant, except that the department may retain up to twenty-five dollars as an administrative fee and may retain the entire license fee if an inspection has been completed prior to such denial.
(4) The department shall also collect the fee provided in subsection (1) of this section for reinstatement of a license that has lapsed or has been suspended or revoked. The department shall collect a fee of ten dollars for a duplicate original license.
(5) The department shall collect a fee from any applicant or licensee requesting an informal conference with a representative peer review organization under section 71-452 to cover all costs and expenses associated with such conference.
(6) The department shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations for the establishment of license fees under this section.
(7) The department shall remit all license fees collected under this section to the State Treasurer for credit to the Health and Human Services Cash Fund. License fees collected under this section shall only be used for activities related to the licensure of health care facilities and health care services.