Nebraska Revised Statute 71-4102
Chapter 71 Section 4102
For purposes of the Down Syndrome Diagnosis Information and Support Act:
(1) Department means the Division of Public Health of the Department of Health and Human Services;
(2) Down syndrome means a chromosomal condition caused by cell division that results in the presence of an extra whole or partial copy of chromosome 21;
(3) Down syndrome organization means any national, state, or local nonprofit organization primarily involved in providing advocacy, support, and education to individuals with Down syndrome and their parents;
(4) Health care practitioner means any person who is credentialed under the Uniform Credentialing Act to provide health or medical care in the ordinary course of business or practice of a profession, including a genetic counselor; and
(5) Parents means (a) expectant parents of a child who receive a test result from a prenatal screening or diagnostic test that indicates a high likelihood or the definite presence of Down syndrome, (b) parents of a child postnatally diagnosed with Down syndrome, and (c) a legal guardian of a child diagnosed with Down syndrome.
- Uniform Credentialing Act, see section 38-101.