Nebraska Revised Statute 71-1629
Chapter 71 Section 1629
County or city-county health department; county board; powers; tax; election; when required.
(1) The county board of a county which has established a county or city-county health department may (a) incur the expenses necessary for the establishment and maintenance of such health department and (b) appropriate and use any unused funds in the general fund belonging to the county for the purposes set forth in sections 71-1626 to 71-1636.
(2) An annual tax to meet and pay the expenses necessary for the establishment and maintenance of a county or city-county health department may be levied and collected (a) by the county board of a county which has a population of thirty thousand inhabitants or more or (b) by the county board of a county which has a population of less than thirty thousand if the county board has put the proposition of having such a tax to the electors of the county and imposition of the tax has been approved by a majority of electors voting on the proposition. The election shall be called, proclaimed, held, conducted, and canvassed in the manner of general or special elections held for the submission of propositions to the voters of a county as provided in sections 23-126 and 23-128.
- Laws 1943, c. 152, § 4, p. 556;
- R.S.1943, § 71-1629;
- Laws 1949, c. 206, § 2(1), p. 593;
- Laws 1953, c. 287, § 68, p. 970;
- Laws 1967, c. 449, § 1, p. 1393;
- Laws 1984, LB 783, § 1;
- Laws 1994, LB 1223, § 38.