Nebraska Revised Statute 70-611
Board of directors; election; certified notice; publication.
(1) Not later than January 5 in each even-numbered year, the secretary of the district in districts grossing forty million dollars or more annually shall certify to the Secretary of State on forms prescribed by the Secretary of State the names of the counties in which all registered voters are eligible to vote for public power district candidates and for other counties the names of the election precincts within each county excluding the municipalities in which voters are not eligible to vote on public power district candidates. The secretary shall also certify the number of directors to be elected and the length of terms for which each is to be elected.
(2) Districts grossing less than forty million dollars annually shall prepare the same type of certification as districts grossing over forty million dollars annually and file such certification with the Secretary of State not later than June 15 of each even-numbered year.
(3) The secretary of each district shall, at the time of filing the certification, cause to be published once in a newspaper or newspapers of general circulation within the district a list of the incumbent directors and naming the counties or election precincts excluding those municipalities in which voters are not eligible to vote for public power district candidates in the same general form as the certification filed with the Secretary of State. A certified copy of the published notice shall be filed with the Secretary of State within ten days after such publication.
- Laws 1933, c. 86, § 4, p. 344;
- Laws 1937, c. 152, § 4, p. 581;
- Laws 1941, c. 137, § 1, p. 542;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 70-704;
- Laws 1943, c. 145, § 1(2), p. 511;
- Laws 1943, c. 146, § 1, p. 516;
- R.S.1943, § 70-611;
- Laws 1959, c. 135, § 30, p. 526;
- Laws 1972, LB 1401, § 2;
- Laws 1973, LB 364, § 2;
- Laws 1975, LB 453, § 58;
- Laws 1994, LB 76, § 583;
- Laws 1997, LB 764, § 110;
- Laws 2021, LB285, § 17.