Nebraska Revised Statute 7-210
Chapter 7 Section 210
Commission on Public Advocacy; identify designated legal profession shortage areas; considerations.
The Commission on Public Advocacy shall periodically determine and identify designated legal profession shortage areas within Nebraska. The board shall develop and recommend to the commission legal profession shortage areas. In making such recommendations, the board shall consider, after consultation with other appropriate agencies concerned with legal and rural services and with appropriate professional organizations, factors including, but not limited to:
(1) The latest reliable statistical data available regarding the number of attorneys practicing in an area and the population served by such attorneys;
(2) Distances between client populations and attorney locations;
(3) Particular local needs for legal services;
(4) Capacity of local attorneys providing services and scope of practice being provided; and
(5) Past and future demographic trends in an area.