Nebraska Revised Statute 69-304
Ophthalmic provider; registration; requirements.
The department shall require and provide for an annual registration for all mail-order ophthalmic providers located outside of this state, including those providing services via the Internet, that dispense contact lenses to Nebraska residents. The department shall grant a mail-order ophthalmic provider's registration upon the disclosure and certification by such provider of the following:
(1) That it is licensed or registered to dispense contact lenses in the state where the dispensing facility is located and from where the contact lenses are dispensed, if required;
(2) The location, names, and titles of all principal corporate officers and the person who is responsible for overseeing the dispensing of contact lenses to Nebraska residents;
(3) That it complies with directions and appropriate requests for information from the regulating agency of each state where it is licensed or registered;
(4) That it will respond directly and within a reasonable period of time to all communications from the department concerning emergency circumstances arising from the dispensing of contact lenses to Nebraska residents;
(5) That it maintains its records of contact lenses dispensed to Nebraska residents so that such records are readily retrievable;
(6) That it will cooperate with the department in providing information to the regulatory agency of any state where it is licensed or registered concerning matters related to the dispensing of contact lenses to Nebraska residents;
(7) That it conducts business in a manner that conforms to the requirements of section 69-303;
(8) That it provides a toll-free telephone service for responding to patient questions and complaints during its regular hours of operation and agrees to (a) include the toll-free number in literature provided with mailed contact lenses and (b) refer all questions relating to eye care for the lenses prescribed back to the contact lens prescriber; and
(9) That it provides the following, or substantially equivalent, written notification to the patient whenever contact lenses are supplied:
WARNING: IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS, REMOVE YOUR LENSES IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR EYE CARE PRACTITIONER BEFORE WEARING YOUR LENSES AGAIN: UNEXPLAINED EYE DISCOMFORT, WATERING, VISION CHANGE, OR REDNESS.