Nebraska Revised Statute 69-2502
For purposes of the Plastic Container Coding Act:
(1) Code shall mean a molded, imprinted, or raised symbol on or near the bottom of a plastic bottle or rigid plastic container;
(2) Department shall mean the Department of Environment and Energy;
(3) Plastic shall mean any material made of polymeric organic compounds and additives that can be shaped by flow;
(4) Plastic bottle shall mean a plastic container intended for a single use that:
(a) Has a neck smaller than the body of the container;
(b) Is designed for a screw-top, snap cap, or other closure; and
(c) Has a capacity of not less than sixteen fluid ounces or more than five gallons; and
(5) Rigid plastic container shall mean any formed or molded container intended for a single use, composed predominately of plastic resin, that has a relatively inflexible finite shape or form with a capacity of not less than eight ounces or more than five gallons. Rigid plastic container shall not include a plastic bottle.
- Laws 1993, LB 63, § 2;
- Laws 2019, LB302, § 85.