Nebraska Revised Statute 68-992
Eligibility for medical assistance; expanded population; Department of Health and Human Services; duties.
(1) Eligibility for medical assistance shall be expanded to include certain adults ages nineteen through sixty-four whose income is equal to or less than one hundred thirty-eight percent of the federal poverty level, as authorized and using the income methodology defined by 42 U.S.C. 1396a(a)(10)(A)(i)(VIII) and related federal regulations and guidance, as such statute, regulations, and guidance existed on January l, 2018.
(2) On or before April 1, 2019, in order to ensure that eligibility for medical assistance is expanded as required by this section, the Department of Health and Human Services shall submit a state plan amendment and all other necessary documents seeking required approvals or waivers to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
(3) The Department of Health and Human Services shall take all actions necessary to maximize federal financial participation in funding medical assistance pursuant to this section.
(4) No greater or additional burdens or restrictions on eligibility, enrollment, benefits, or access to health care services shall be imposed on persons eligible for medical assistance pursuant to this section than on any other population eligible for medical assistance.
(5) This section shall apply notwithstanding any other provision of law or federal waiver.
- Initiative Law 2018, No. 427, § 2.