Nebraska Revised Statute 68-983
Intergovernmental transfer program; department; powers and duties.
(1) The department shall design and implement, in consultation with eligible providers as described in section 68-981, an intergovernmental transfer program relating to medicaid managed care ground emergency medical transport services, including services provided by emergency medical technicians at the basic, advanced, and paramedic levels in prestabilization and preparation for transport, in order to increase capitation payments for the purpose of increasing reimbursement to eligible providers.
(2)(a) To the extent intergovernmental transfers are voluntarily made by, and accepted from, an eligible provider described in section 68-981 or a governmental entity affiliated with an eligible provider, the department shall make increased capitation payments to applicable medicaid managed care plans.
(b) The increased capitation payments made pursuant to this section shall be in actuarially determined amounts at least to the extent permissible under federal law.
(c) Except as provided in subsection (6) of this section, all funds associated with intergovernmental transfers made and accepted pursuant to this section shall be used to fund additional payments to medicaid managed care plans.
(d) Medicaid managed care plans shall enter into contracts or contract amendments with providers for the disbursement of any amount of increased capitation payments made pursuant to this section.
(3) The intergovernmental transfer program developed pursuant to this section shall be implemented on the date federal approval is obtained and only to the extent intergovernmental transfers from the eligible provider or the governmental entity with which it is affiliated are provided for this purpose.
(4) To the extent permitted by federal law, the department may implement the intergovernmental transfer program and increased capitation payments pursuant to this section retroactive to the date that the state plan amendment is submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the United States Department of Health and Human Services pursuant to section 68-986.
(5) Participation in intergovernmental transfers under this section is voluntary on the part of the transferring entities for purposes of all applicable federal laws.
(6)(a) As a condition of participation under this section, each eligible provider or the governmental entity affiliated with an eligible provider shall agree to reimburse the department for any costs associated with implementing such program.
(b) Intergovernmental transfers described in this section are subject to a twenty percent administration fee of the nonfederal share paid to the department and are allowed to count as a cost of providing the services.
(7) As a condition of participation under this section, medicaid managed care plans, eligible providers, and governmental entities affiliated with eligible providers shall agree to comply with any requests for information or similar data requirements imposed by the department for purposes of obtaining supporting documentation necessary to claim federal funds or to obtain federal approval.