Nebraska Revised Statute 68-920
Department; garnish employment income; when; limitation.
The department may garnish the wages, salary, or other employment income of a person for the costs of health services provided to a child who is eligible for medical assistance pursuant to the medical assistance program if:
(1) The person is required by court or administrative order to provide health care coverage for the costs of such services; and
(2) The person has received payment from a third party for the costs of such services but has not used the payment to reimburse either the other parent or guardian or the provider of such services.
The amount garnished shall be limited to the amount necessary to reimburse the department for its expenditures for the costs of such services under the medical assistance program. Any claim for current or past-due child support shall take priority over a claim for the costs of health services.
- Laws 1994, LB 1224, § 71;
- Laws 1996, LB 1044, § 335;
- R.S.1943, (2003), § 68-1036.03;
- Laws 2006, LB 1248, § 20.