Nebraska Revised Statute 68-624
Referendum; completion; certification; notice; contents.
(1) Upon completion of such referendum, the agency or individual designated by the Governor to supervise such referendum shall certify the result thereof to the Governor and shall further provide the Governor with such proof as the Governor may require that the conduct of the referendum met the requirements set forth in section 68-623.
(2) Upon receipt of the certificate mentioned in subsection (1) of this section and the additional proof submitted therewith, the Governor shall, if the result of such referendum is favorable to the inclusion of service covered by the retirement system in question under the state agreement, prepare and submit to the Secretary of Health and Human Services the certificate required by section 218(d)(3) of the Social Security Act and shall further notify the state agency forthwith of the result of such referendum, whether such result is favorable or unfavorable to such inclusion.
(3) The state agency shall, within seven days after the receipt of notice of the result of any such referendum as provided for in subsection (2) of this section, give notice thereof to each managing authority, as defined in subsection (2) of section 68-621, whose employees, or some of whose employees, are included in the referendum group, as defined in subsection (1) of section 68-621, participating in such referendum. Such notice shall include a designation of the employees subordinate to such managing authority affected by such referendum and shall be given to such managing authorities by prepaid United States mail by either registered or certified letter addressed to such managing authority with a return receipt requested.
- Laws 1955, c. 264, § 18, p. 823;
- Laws 1957, c. 242, § 50, p. 861;
- Laws 1984, LB 933, § 7.