Nebraska Revised Statute 68-1201
Eligibility determination; exclusion of certain assets and income.
In determining eligibility for the program for aid to dependent children pursuant to section 43-512 as administered by the State of Nebraska pursuant to the federal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, 42 U.S.C. 601 et seq., for the low-income home energy assistance program administered by the State of Nebraska pursuant to the federal Energy Policy Act of 2005, 42 U.S.C. 8621 to 8630, for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program administered by the State of Nebraska pursuant to the federal Food and Nutrition Act of 2008, 7 U.S.C. 2011 et seq., and for the child care subsidy program established pursuant to section 68-1202, the following shall not be included in determining assets or income:
(1) Assets in or income from an educational savings account, a Coverdell educational savings account described in 26 U.S.C. 530, a qualified tuition program established pursuant to 26 U.S.C. 529, or any similar savings account or plan established to save for qualified higher education expenses as defined in section 85-1802;
(2) Income from scholarships or grants related to postsecondary education, whether merit-based, need-based, or a combination thereof;
(3) Income from postsecondary educational work-study programs, whether federally funded, funded by a postsecondary educational institution, or funded from any other source;
(4) Assets in or income from an account under a qualified program as provided in section 77-1402;
(5) Income received for participation in grant-funded research on the impact that income has on the development of children in low-income families, except that such exclusion of income must not exceed four thousand dollars per year for a maximum of four years and such exclusion shall only be made if the exclusion is permissible under federal law for each program referenced in this section. No such exclusion shall be made for such income on or after December 31, 2022; and
(6) Income from any tax credits received pursuant to the School Readiness Tax Credit Act.
- School Readiness Tax Credit Act, see section 77-3601.