Nebraska Revised Statute 66-717
Invoice or billing documents; requirements; licensed producer, supplier, distributor, wholesaler, and importer; statement authorized.
(1) All producers, suppliers, distributors, wholesalers, and importers and other persons selling motor fuel for resale that have been taxed under the motor fuel laws shall include on all invoices or other billing documents for the motor fuel the amount of the fuel tax or a statement that the Nebraska fuel taxes have been paid on the motor fuel.
(2) If the invoice or other billing document does not contain the amount of the tax or the statement that the Nebraska fuel taxes have been paid, the motor fuel shall be presumed to be untaxed and the purchaser shall be liable for the tax on such fuel.
(3) Any licensed producer, supplier, distributor, wholesaler, or importer who has recorded his or her liability for the tax on the motor fuel with the intent to remit the tax on the next return that is due may make the statement required by this section.
- Laws 1991, LB 627, § 111;
- Laws 1994, LB 1160, § 99;
- Laws 2004, LB 983, § 47.