Nebraska Revised Statute 66-1860
Enlargement or extension of area; considerations.
No jurisdictional utility or metropolitan utilities district may extend or enlarge its natural gas service area or extend or enlarge its natural gas mains or natural gas services unless it is in the public interest to do so. In determining whether or not an extension or enlargement is in the public interest, the district or the utility shall consider the following:
(1) The economic feasibility of the extension or enlargement;
(2) The impact the enlargement will have on the existing and future natural gas ratepayers of the metropolitan utilities district or the jurisdictional utility;
(3) Whether the extension or enlargement contributes to the orderly development of natural gas utility infrastructure;
(4) Whether the extension or enlargement will result in duplicative or redundant natural gas utility infrastructure; and
(5) Whether the extension or enlargement is applied in a nondiscriminatory manner.