Nebraska Revised Statute 60-602
Declaration of legislative purpose.
The purposes and policies of the Nebraska Rules of the Road are:
(1) To make more uniform highway traffic laws between states;
(2) To educate drivers so that they can develop instinctive habits resulting in safer emergency reactions;
(3) To educate drivers and pedestrians of all ages to more readily understand each other's responsibilities and privileges when all obey the same rules;
(4) To promote economic savings by relieving congestion and confusion in traffic;
(5) To increase the efficiency of streets and highways by the application of uniform traffic control devices;
(6) To reduce the huge annual loss of life and property which occurs on Nebraska's highways; and
(7) To assist traffic law enforcement by encouraging voluntary compliance with law through uniform rules.
- Laws 1973, LB 45, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-601;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 98.