Nebraska Revised Statute 60-6,251
Pneumatic tires; regrooving prohibited; exception.
(1) No person shall alter the traction surface of pneumatic tires by regrooving.
(2) No person shall knowingly operate on any highway in this state any motor vehicle on which the traction surface of any pneumatic tire thereof has been regrooved. No person shall sell, exchange, or offer for sale or exchange such a tire.
(3) This section shall not apply to regrooved commercial vehicle tires which are designed and constructed in such a manner that any regrooving complies with the parts, subparts, and sections of Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations adopted pursuant to section 75-363.
- Laws 1987, LB 504, § 4;
- R.S.1943, (1988), § 39-6,131.08;
- Laws 1993, LB 370, § 347;
- Laws 2006, LB 1007, § 10.