Nebraska Revised Statute 58-864
Nebraska Student Loan Assistance Program; authority; powers.
The authority may:
(1) Make loans to private institutions of higher education to assist such institutions in providing loans to their full-time students to assist them in financing the cost of their education while taking courses leading to an academic degree;
(2) Participate in the financing of such loans;
(3) Sell or participate in the sale of such loans;
(4) Collect and pay reasonable fees and charges in connection with the exercise of the powers provided in subdivisions (1) through (3) of this section;
(5) Do all things necessary and convenient to carry out the purposes of this section and section 58-865 in connection with the administering of such loans, including contracting with any person, firm, or other body, public or private;
(6) Enter into any agreements necessary to effect the guarantee, insuring, or administering of such loans;
(7) Adopt and promulgate rules and regulations governing and establish standards for participation in the Nebraska Student Loan Assistance Program; and
(8) Exercise all powers incidental to or necessary for the performance of the powers authorized by this section.
- Laws 1993, LB 465, § 35;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-2962;
- Laws 1995, LB 5, § 61;
- R.S.1943, (2008), § 85-1761;
- Laws 2013, LB170, § 64.