Nebraska Revised Statute 58-526
Public body or taxing body; supplemental powers.
In addition to any other provisions governing any public body or taxing body set forth in the Nebraska Redevelopment Act, for the purpose of aiding and cooperating in the planning, undertaking, or carrying out of a redevelopment project located within the area in which it is authorized to act, any public body or taxing body may, upon such terms, with or without consideration, as it may determine:
(1) Dedicate, sell, convey, or lease any of its interest in any property, or grant easements, licenses, or any other rights or privileges therein to a contracting public body;
(2) Cause parks, playgrounds, recreational, community, educational, water, sewer, or drainage facilities, or any other works which it is otherwise empowered to undertake, to be furnished in connection with a redevelopment project;
(3) Furnish, dedicate, close, vacate, pave, install, grade, regrade, plan, or replan streets, roads, sidewalks, ways, or other places which it is otherwise empowered to undertake;
(4) Plan, replan, zone, or rezone any part of the public body or taxing body or make exceptions from building regulations and ordinances if such functions are of the character which the public body or taxing body is otherwise empowered to perform;
(5) Cause administrative and other services to be furnished to the contracting public body of the character which the public body or taxing body is otherwise empowered to undertake or furnish for the same or other purposes;
(6) Incur the entire expense of any public improvements made by such public body or taxing body in exercising the powers granted in this section;
(7) Do any and all things necessary or convenient to aid and cooperate in the planning or carrying out of a redevelopment project;
(8) Lend, grant, or contribute funds to a contracting public body;
(9) Employ any funds belonging to or within the control of such public body or taxing body, including funds derived from the sale or furnishing of property, service, or facilities to a contracting public body, in the purchase of the bonds or other obligations of a contracting public body and, as the holder of such bonds or other obligations, exercise the rights connected with the bonds or obligations; and
(10) Enter into agreements, which may extend over any period, notwithstanding any provision or rule of law to the contrary, with a contracting public body respecting action to be taken by such public body or taxing body pursuant to any of the powers granted by the provisions of the act.
- Laws 1995, LB 830, § 26.