Nebraska Revised Statute 49-1480
Lobbyist; registration; application; contents.
Every person employed, retained, or authorized as a lobbyist shall, before commencing any lobbying activity, file an application with the Clerk of the Legislature for registration as a lobbyist, and if the clerk is satisfied that the application has been properly prepared the registration shall be deemed to be complete. The application shall be on a form prescribed by the clerk and approved by the Executive Board of the Legislative Council, and shall include as a minimum the following:
(1) The name, permanent residence address, and office address of the lobbyist;
(2) The name and address of the principal of such lobbyist;
(3) The nature of the business of such principal and the amounts or sums given or to be given the lobbyist as compensation or reimbursement for lobbying. A lobbyist who is salaried or retained by a principal need only report that portion of compensation or reimbursement reasonably attributable to lobbying;
(4) A description of the business activity of the lobbyist;
(5) An identification of the matters on which the principal or lobbyist expects to lobby;
(6) If the principal is an industry, trade, or professional association, a specific description of the industry, trade, or profession represented by the principal and the names and addresses of its officers;
(7) If the principal is not an industry, trade, or professional association, a specific description of the interests and groups represented by the principal and the names and addresses of its officers; and
(8) The name and address of any official in the legislative or executive branch, and of any members of any such official's staff or immediate family, who are employed by the lobbyist or any person acting on behalf of such lobbyist if such information is known or reasonably should have been known to the lobbyist.
- Laws 1976, LB 987, § 80;
- Laws 1979, LB 162, § 3;
- Laws 1997, LB 752, § 130;
- Laws 2001, LB 242, § 7.