Nebraska Revised Statute 48-625
Benefits; weekly payment; how computed; suspension; conditions.
(1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, each eligible individual who is unemployed in any week shall be paid with respect to such week a benefit in an amount equal to his or her full weekly benefit amount if he or she has wages payable to him or her with respect to such week equal to one-fourth of such benefit amount or less. In the event he or she has wages payable to him or her with respect to such week greater than one-fourth of such benefit amount, he or she shall be paid with respect to that week an amount equal to the individual's weekly benefit amount less that part of wages payable to the individual with respect to that week in excess of one-fourth of the individual's weekly benefit amount. In the event there is any deduction from such individual's weekly benefit amount because of earned wages pursuant to this subsection or as a result of the application of section 48-628.02, the resulting benefit payment, if not an exact dollar amount, shall be computed to the next lower dollar amount.
(2) Any amount of unemployment compensation payable to any individual for any week, if not an even dollar amount, shall be rounded to the next lower full dollar amount.
(3) The percentage of benefits and the percentage of extended benefits which are federally funded may be adjusted in accordance with the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985, Public Law 99-177.
(4) To the extent authorized under federal law, if an individual is eligible for an equal or greater weekly benefit amount under a federal unemployment program than the weekly benefit amount which the individual is eligible for under the Employment Security Law, the commissioner shall suspend the payment of state unemployment benefits to such individual while such individual is receiving the federal unemployment benefit. Such suspension shall terminate upon the individual's exhaustion of benefits available under the federal unemployment program. An individual shall not be eligible to receive the federal weekly benefit and the state unemployment weekly benefit during the same week. This subsection shall not apply to any federal unemployment benefit which is paid in addition to the state weekly benefit amount.
- Laws 1937, c. 108, § 3, p. 375;
- Laws 1939, c. 56, § 2, p. 234;
- Laws 1941, c. 94, § 2, p. 382;
- C.S.Supp.,1941, § 48-703;
- R.S.1943, § 48-625;
- Laws 1949, c. 163, § 8, p. 424;
- Laws 1953, c. 167, § 5, p. 531;
- Laws 1980, LB 800, § 2;
- Laws 1982, LB 801, § 1;
- Laws 1983, LB 248, § 3;
- Laws 1986, LB 950, § 2;
- Laws 1987, LB 461, § 1;
- Laws 1995, LB 1, § 6;
- Laws 1999, LB 608, § 3;
- Laws 2005, LB 739, § 8;
- Laws 2015, LB271, § 5;
- Laws 2017, LB172, § 26;
- Laws 2022, LB567, § 1.
- Effective Date: July 21, 2022