Nebraska Revised Statute 45-808
Contract; requirements; cancellation; procedure; notice; breach; effect.
(1) Each contract between the buyer and a credit services organization for the purchase of the services of the credit services organization shall be in writing, dated, and signed by the buyer and shall include:
(a) A statement in type that is boldface, capitalized, underlined, or otherwise set out from surrounding written materials so as to be conspicuous, in immediate proximity to the space reserved for the signature of the buyer, as follows: "You, the buyer, may cancel this contract at any time before midnight of the third day after the date the contract is signed. See the attached notice of cancellation form for an explanation of this right.";
(b) The terms and conditions of payment, including the total of all payments to be made by the buyer, whether to the credit services organization or to another person;
(c) A full and detailed description of the services to be performed by the credit services organization for the buyer, including all guarantees and all promises of full or partial refunds, and the estimated length of time, not to exceed one hundred eighty days, for performing the services; and
(d) The address of the credit services organization's principal place of business and the name and address of its agent in the state authorized to receive service of process.
(2) The credit services organization shall return any payment made by a buyer under the contract if the buyer cancels the contract within three days after it is signed. The payment shall be returned within ten days after the date the organization receives the cancellation notice from the buyer.
(3) The contract shall have attached two easily detachable copies of a notice of cancellation. The notice shall be in boldface in the following form:
Notice of Cancellation
You may cancel this contract, without any penalty or obligation, within three days after the date the contract is signed.
If you cancel, any payment made by you under this contract will be returned within ten days after the date of receipt by the seller of your cancellation notice.
To cancel this contract, mail or deliver a signed, dated copy of this cancellation notice or other written notice to: (name of seller) at (address of seller) (place of business) not later than midnight (date) I hereby cancel this transaction.
(4) The credit services organization shall give to the buyer a copy of the completed contract and all other documents the credit services organization requires the buyer to sign at the time they are signed.
(5) The breach by a credit services organization of a contract under the Credit Services Organization Act or of any obligation arising from a contract under the act shall be a violation of the act.
- Laws 1991, LB 292, § 8.