Nebraska Revised Statute 45-806
Registration statement; contents; requirements; fee.
(1) A credit services organization shall file a registration statement with the Secretary of State before conducting business in this state. The registration statement shall contain:
(a) The name and address of the credit services organization; and
(b) The name and address of any person who directly or indirectly owns or controls ten percent or more of the outstanding shares of stock in the credit services organization.
(2) The registration statement shall also contain either:
(a) A full and complete disclosure of any litigation or unresolved complaint filed with a governmental authority of this state relating to the operation of the credit services organization; or
(b) A notarized statement that there has been no litigation or unresolved complaint filed with a governmental authority of this state relating to the operation of the credit services organization.
(3) The credit services organization shall update the registration statement within ninety days after the date on which a change in the information required in the statement occurs.
(4) Each credit services organization registering under this section shall maintain a copy of the registration statement in the files of the credit services organization. The credit services organization shall allow a buyer to inspect the registration statement on request.
(5) The Secretary of State may charge each credit services organization that files a registration statement with the Secretary of State a reasonable fee not to exceed one hundred dollars to cover the cost of filing. The Secretary of State shall remit the fees received pursuant to this section to the State Treasurer for credit to the Secretary of State Cash Fund. The Secretary of State shall not require a credit services organization to provide information other than that provided in the registration statement.
- Laws 1991, LB 292, § 6;
- Laws 2020, LB910, § 16.
- Operative Date: July 1, 2021