Nebraska Revised Statute 45-607
License; qualifications of licensee.
(1) The license provided for by section 45-606 shall be granted only to applicants who are trustworthy, who have a good reputation for honesty and fair dealings, who are financially responsible, and who are, in the opinion of the board, competent to engage in the collection of accounts and claims of others. No license shall be issued to a partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or association unless the manager or executive officer thereof has been engaged in the collection business either as owner, officer, partner, member, or employee of an established reputable collection agency for a period of at least two years, except that the board may, if satisfied that the applicant or the manager or executive officer thereof has had sufficient business experience to be fully competent to engage in the collection business without such previous collection experience, approve such application.
(2) No such license shall be issued to any person, firm, limited liability company, corporation, or association who or which is not a resident of this state or does not keep and maintain a regular office in this state in which are kept complete records of collections and claims handled by such person, firm, limited liability company, corporation, or association for creditors residing in this state and against debtors residing in this state, except that a foreign corporation or limited liability company duly authorized, admitted, and licensed to do business in this state may be issued such a license if it complies with all requirements of the Collection Agency Act, nor shall any license be issued to any person, firm, limited liability company, corporation, or association who or which or the principal officers of which have, within the past five years, been convicted in any court of fraud or have been convicted of or had judgment entered against them in any court for failure to account to their client or customer for money or property collected by them for such client or customer.
- Laws 1963, c. 500, § 11, p. 1596;
- R.S.1943, (1981), § 81-8,168;
- Laws 1984, LB 471, § 7;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 273;
- Laws 1993, LB 261, § 7.