Nebraska Revised Statute 45-336
Installment contract; requirements.
(1) Each retail installment contract shall be in writing, shall be signed by both the buyer and the seller, and shall contain the following items and a copy thereof shall be delivered to the buyer at the time the instrument is signed, except for contracts made in conformance with section 45-340: (a) The cash sale price; (b) the amount of the buyer's downpayment, and whether made in money or goods, or partly in money and partly in goods, including a brief description of any goods traded in; (c) the difference between subdivisions (a) and (b) of this subsection; (d) the amount included for insurance if a separate charge is made therefor, specifying the types of coverages; (e) the amount included for a debt cancellation contract or a debt suspension contract if the debt cancellation contract or debt suspension contract is a contract of a financial institution or licensee, such contract is sold directly by such financial institution or licensee or by an unaffiliated, nonexclusive agent of such financial institution or licensee in accordance with 12 C.F.R. part 37, as such part existed on January 1, 2011, and the financial institution or licensee is responsible for the unaffiliated, nonexclusive agent's compliance with such part, and a separate charge is made therefor; (f) the amount included for electronic title and lien services other than fees and charges prescribed by law which actually are or will be paid to public officials for determining the existence of or for perfecting, releasing, or satisfying any security related to the credit transaction; (g) the basic time price, which is the sum of subdivisions (c), (d), (e), and (f) of this subsection; (h) the time-price differential; (i) the amount of the time-price balance, which is the sum of subdivisions (g) and (h) of this subsection, payable in installments by the buyer to the seller; (j) the number, amount, and due date or period of each installment; (k) the time-sales price; and (l) the amount included for a guaranteed asset protection waiver.
(2) The contract shall contain substantially the following notice: NOTICE TO THE BUYER. DO NOT SIGN THIS CONTRACT BEFORE YOU READ IT OR IF IT CONTAINS BLANK SPACES. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A COPY OF THE CONTRACT YOU SIGN.
(3) The items listed in subsection (1) of this section need not be stated in the sequence or order set forth in such subsection. Additional items may be included to explain the computations made in determining the amount to be paid by the buyer. No installment contract shall be signed by the buyer or proffered by seller when it contains blank spaces to be filled in after execution, except that if delivery of the goods or services is not made at the time of the execution of the contract, the identifying numbers or marks of the goods, or similar information, and the due date of the first installment may be inserted in the contract after its execution.
(4) If a seller proffers an installment contract as part of a transaction which delays or cancels, or promises to delay or cancel, the payment of the time-price differential on the contract if the buyer pays the basic time price, cash price, or cash sale price within a certain period of time, the seller shall, in clear and conspicuous writing, either within the installment contract or in a separate document, inform the buyer of the exact date by which the buyer must pay the basic time price, cash price, or cash sale price in order to delay or cancel the payment of the time-price differential. The seller or any subsequent purchaser of the installment contract, including a sales finance company, shall not be allowed to change such date.
(5) Upon written request from the buyer, the holder of an installment contract shall give or forward to the buyer a written statement of the dates and amounts of payments and the total amount unpaid under such contract. A buyer shall be given a written receipt for any payment when made in cash.
(6) After payment of all sums for which the buyer is obligated under a contract, the holder shall deliver or mail to the buyer at his or her last-known address one or more good and sufficient instruments or copies thereof to acknowledge payment in full and shall release all security in the goods and mark canceled and return to the buyer the original agreement or copy thereof or instruments or copies thereof signed by the buyer. For purposes of this section, a copy shall meet the requirements of section 25-12,112.