Nebraska Revised Statute 44-907
Opt out notice and methods.
(1) If a licensee is required to provide an opt out notice under subsection (1) of section 44-910, it shall provide a clear and conspicuous notice to each of its consumers that accurately explains the right to opt out under that section. The notice shall state:
(a) That the licensee discloses or reserves the right to disclose nonpublic personal financial information about its consumer to a nonaffiliated third party;
(b) That the consumer has the right to opt out of that disclosure; and
(c)(i) A reasonable means by which the consumer may exercise the opt out right.
(ii) A licensee provides a reasonable means to exercise an opt out right pursuant to subdivision (1)(c) of this section if the licensee:
(A) Designates check-off boxes in a prominent position on the relevant forms with the opt out notice;
(B) Includes a reply form together with the opt out notice;
(C) Provides an electronic means to opt out, such as a form that can be sent via electronic mail or a process at the licensee's web site, if the consumer agrees to the electronic delivery of information; or
(D) Provides a toll-free telephone number that consumers may call to opt out.
(2) A licensee may provide the opt out notice together with or on the same written or electronic form as the initial notice the licensee provides in accordance with section 44-904.
(3) If a licensee provides the opt out notice later than required for the initial notice in accordance with section 44-904, the licensee shall also include a copy of the initial notice with the opt out notice in writing or, if the consumer agrees, electronically.
(4)(a) If two or more consumers jointly obtain an insurance product or service from a licensee, the licensee may provide a single opt out notice. The licensee's opt out notice shall explain how the licensee will treat an opt out direction by a joint consumer.
(b) Any of the joint consumers may exercise the right to opt out. The licensee may either:
(i) Treat an opt out direction by a joint consumer as applying to all of the associated joint consumers; or
(ii) Permit each joint consumer to opt out separately.
(c) If a licensee permits each joint consumer to opt out separately, the licensee shall permit one of the joint consumers to opt out on behalf of all of the joint consumers.
(d) A licensee may not require all joint consumers to opt out before it implements any opt out direction.
(5) A licensee shall comply with a consumer's opt out direction as soon as reasonably practicable after the licensee receives it.
(6) A consumer may exercise the right to opt out at any time.
(7)(a) A consumer's direction to opt out under this section is effective until the consumer revokes it in writing or, if the consumer agrees, electronically.
(b) When a customer relationship terminates, the customer's opt out direction continues to apply to the nonpublic personal financial information that the licensee collected during or related to that relationship. If the individual subsequently establishes a new customer relationship with the licensee, the opt out direction that applied to the former relationship does not apply to the new relationship.
(8) When a licensee is required to deliver an opt out notice by this section, the licensee shall deliver it according to section 44-909.