Nebraska Revised Statute 44-4303
For purposes of the Intergovernmental Risk Management Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Accident insurance means insurance against loss of expense resulting from the sickness of the insured, from the bodily injury or death of the insured by accident, or both;
(2) Dental insurance means a contractual arrangement to provide specified dental services, in consideration of a specified payment for an interval of time, regardless of whether the payment is made by the beneficiaries individually or by a third person for them, in such a manner that the total cost of such services is to be spread directly or indirectly among a group of persons;
(3) Errors and omissions liability means liability to which a member of a governing body of a public agency, an elected or appointed officer of a public agency, or an employee of a public agency may be subject in an individual capacity by reason of any error, misstatement, misleading statement, act, omission, neglect of duty, or breach of duty, including misfeasance or nonfeasance, in the performance of duties for the public agency;
(4) General liability means any liability, other than workers' compensation liability, to which a public agency may be subject (a) directly, (b) by reason of liability arising out of an act or omission of its employee, agent, or officer in the course and scope of employment, (c) by reason of liability arising out of an act or omission of its student in the course and scope of education or training, or (d) by reason of liability it has assumed by contract. It includes, but is not limited to, liability commonly protected against by casualty insurance, general liability insurance, professional liability insurance, automobile insurance, motor vehicle liability insurance, and surety and fidelity insurance;
(5) Group self-insurance means the pooling of public money by a risk management pool from contributions by its members for the purpose of payment of losses incurred by members which are protected against by the pool;
(6) Health insurance means any hospital, surgical, or medical expense-incurred policy or health maintenance organization contract. Health insurance does not include (a) accident-only, disability income, hospital confinement indemnity, dental, or credit insurance, (b) coverage issued as a supplement to liability insurance, (c) medicare or insurance provided as a supplement to medicare, (d) insurance arising from workers' compensation provisions, (e) automobile medical payment insurance, (f) any other specific limited coverage, or (g) insurance under which benefits are payable with or without regard to fault and which is statutorily required to be contained in any liability insurance policy;
(7) Life insurance means insurance upon lives of persons, including endowments and annuities, and every insurance pertaining thereto and disability benefits;
(8) Member means a public agency which is a party to an agreement providing for the establishment and operation of a risk management pool;
(9) Public agency means any county, city, village, school district, public power district, rural fire district, or other political subdivision of this state, the State of Nebraska, the University of Nebraska, and any corporation whose primary function is to act as an instrumentality or agency of the State of Nebraska;
(10) Risk management pool or pool means an association formed by two or more public agencies by an agreement pursuant to the Intergovernmental Risk Management Act providing for joint and cooperative action in the use of their financial or administrative resources in order to accomplish any of the public and governmental purposes authorized by the act;
(11) Standard insurance means any policy of insurance issued by a company licensed to transact insurance business in the State of Nebraska or any policy of insurance issued in accordance with the requirements for a lawful surplus lines insurance transaction;
(12) State of Nebraska includes any department, agency, board, bureau, commission, or council of the State of Nebraska authorized to participate in a risk management pool by the Risk Manager pursuant to section 81-8,239.01; and
(13) Workers' compensation liability means liability to which a public agency may be subject as an employer under the Nebraska Workers' Compensation Act.
- Nebraska Workers' Compensation Act, see section 48-1,110.