Nebraska Revised Statute 44-3521
For purposes of the Motor Vehicle Service Contract Reimbursement Insurance Act:
(1) Director means the Director of Insurance;
(2) Incidental costs means expenses specified in a motor vehicle service contract that are incurred by the service contract holder due to the failure of a vehicle protection product to perform as provided in the contract. Incidental costs include, but are not limited to, insurance policy deductibles, rental vehicle charges, the difference between the actual value of the stolen vehicle at the time of theft and the cost of a replacement vehicle, sales taxes, registration fees, transaction fees, and mechanical inspection fees. Incidental costs may be reimbursed in either a fixed amount specified in the motor vehicle service contract or sales agreement or by use of a formula itemizing specific incidental costs incurred by the service contract holder;
(3) Mechanical breakdown insurance means a policy, contract, or agreement that undertakes to perform or provide repair or replacement service, or indemnification for such service, for the operational or structural failure of a motor vehicle due to defect in materials or workmanship or normal wear and tear and that is issued by an insurance company authorized to do business in this state;
(4) Motor vehicle means any motor vehicle as defined in section 60-339;
(5)(a) Motor vehicle service contract means a contract or agreement given for consideration over and above the lease or purchase price of a motor vehicle that undertakes to perform or provide repair or replacement service, or indemnification for such service, for the operational or structural failure of a motor vehicle due to defect in materials or workmanship or normal wear and tear but does not include mechanical breakdown insurance.
(b) Motor vehicle service contract also includes a contract or agreement that is effective for a specified duration and paid for by means other than the purchase of a motor vehicle to perform any one or more of the following:
(i) The repair or replacement of tires or wheels on a motor vehicle damaged as a result of coming into contact with road hazards;
(ii) The removal of dents, dings, or creases on a motor vehicle that can be repaired using the process of paintless dent removal without affecting the existing paint finish and without replacing vehicle body panels, sanding, bonding, or painting;
(iii) The repair of chips or cracks in or replacement of motor vehicle windshields as a result of damage caused by road hazards;
(iv) The replacement of a motor vehicle key or keyfob in the event the key or keyfob becomes inoperable or is lost;
(v) The payment of specified incidental costs as the result of a failure of a vehicle protection product to perform as specified; and
(vi) Other products and services approved by the director;
(6) Motor vehicle service contract provider means a person who issues, makes, provides, sells, or offers to sell a motor vehicle service contract, except that motor vehicle service contract provider does not include an insurer as defined in section 44-103;
(7) Motor vehicle service contract reimbursement insurance policy means a policy of insurance meeting the requirements in section 44-3523 that provides coverage for all obligations and liabilities incurred by a motor vehicle service contract provider under the terms of motor vehicle service contracts issued by the provider;
(8) Road hazards means hazards that are encountered during normal driving conditions, including, but not limited to, potholes, rocks, wood debris, metal parts, glass, plastic, curbs, or composite scraps;
(9) Service contract holder means a person who purchases a motor vehicle service contract; and
(10)(a) Vehicle protection product means a vehicle protection device, system, or service that:
(i) Is installed on or applied to a vehicle;
(ii) Is designed to prevent loss or damage to a vehicle from a specific cause; and
(iii) Includes a written warranty.
(b) Vehicle protection product includes, but is not limited to, chemical additives, alarm systems, body part marking products, steering locks, window etch products, pedal and ignition locks, fuel and ignition kill switches, and electronic, radio, and satellite tracking devices.