Nebraska Revised Statute 43-131
Release of information; procedure.
(1) Upon receipt of a request for information, the department shall check the records of the adopted person making the request to determine whether the consent form provided by section 43-124 has been signed and filed by any relative of the adopted person and whether an unrevoked nonconsent form is on file from a biological parent or parents pursuant to section 43-132 or from an adoptive parent or parents pursuant to section 43-143.
(2) If the consent form has been signed and filed and has not been revoked and if no nonconsent form has been filed by an adoptive parent or parents pursuant to section 43-143, the department shall release the information on such form to the adopted person.
(3) If no consent forms have been filed, or if the consent form has been revoked, and if no nonconsent form has been filed pursuant to section 43-143, the following information shall be released to the adopted person:
(a) The name and address of the court which issued the adoption decree;
(b) The name and address of the child placement agency, if any, involved in the adoption; and
(4) The provisions of this section shall not apply to persons subject to the Nebraska Indian Child Welfare Act.
- Laws 1980, LB 992, § 13;
- Laws 1985, LB 255, § 27;
- Laws 1997, LB 307, § 29;
- Laws 2007, LB296, § 77.
- Nebraska Indian Child Welfare Act, see section 43-1501.