Nebraska Revised Statute 42-350

Chapter 42


Legal separation; amendment of pleadings; when.

If a complaint for legal separation is filed before residence requirements for dissolution of marriage have been complied with, either party, upon complying with such requirements, may amend his or her pleadings to request a dissolution of marriage, and notice of such amendment shall be given in the same manner as for an original action under sections 42-347 to 42-381.


  • After residency requirement has been satisfied, dissolution of marriage may be requested by amendment. Ashley v. Ashley, 191 Neb. 824, 217 N.W.2d 926 (1974).