Nebraska Revised Statute 39-2502
County highway superintendent, defined; incentive payment; requirements.
An incentive payment shall be made to each county having appointed and employed a county highway superintendent licensed under the County Highway and City Street Superintendents Act, during the calendar year preceding the year in which payment is made. For purposes of sections 39-2501 to 39-2505, county highway superintendent means a person who assists the county with the following:
(1) Developing and annually updating a long-range plan or program based on needs and coordinated with adjacent local governmental units;
(2) Developing an annual program for design, construction, and maintenance;
(3) Developing an annual budget based on programmed projects and activities;
(4) Submitting such plans, programs, and budgets to the local governing body for approval; and
(5) Implementing the capital improvements and maintenance activities provided in the approved plans, programs, and budgets.
- County Highway and City Street Superintendents Act, see section 39-2301.