Nebraska Revised Statute 39-2304
Board of Examiners for County Highway and City Street Superintendents; created; members; qualifications; appointment; term; vacancy; expenses.
(1) The Board of Examiners for County Highway and City Street Superintendents is created. The board shall consist of seven members to be appointed by the Governor. Four of such members shall be county representatives and three of such members shall be municipal representatives.
(2)(a) Immediately preceding appointment to the board, each county and municipal representative shall hold a county highway and city street superintendent license pursuant to the County Highway and City Street Superintendents Act.
(b) Of the county representatives, no more than one member shall be appointed from each class of county as defined in section 23-1114.01.
(c) Of the municipal representatives:
(i) No more than one shall be appointed from each congressional district;
(ii) One shall be a representative of a city of the metropolitan class, primary class, or first class;
(iii) One shall be a representative of a city of the second class; and
(iv) One shall be a representative of a village.
(3) In making such appointments, the Governor may give consideration to the following lists of persons licensed pursuant to the County Highway and City Street Superintendents Act:
(a) A list of county engineers, county highway superintendents, and county surveyors submitted by the Nebraska Association of County Officials; and
(b) A list of city street superintendents, city managers, city administrators, street commissioners, city engineers, village engineers, and public works directors submitted by the League of Nebraska Municipalities.
(4) Two county representatives shall initially be appointed for terms of two years each, and two county representatives shall initially be appointed for terms of four years each. One municipal representative shall initially be appointed for a term of two years, and two municipal representatives shall initially be appointed for terms of four years each. Thereafter, all such appointments shall be for terms of four years each.
(5) In the event a county or municipal representative loses his or her county highway and city street superintendent license, such person shall no longer be qualified to serve on the board and such seat shall be vacant. In the event of a vacancy occurring on the board for any reason, such vacancy shall be filled by appointment by the Governor for the remainder of the unexpired term. Such appointed person shall meet the same requirements and qualifications as the member whose vacancy he or she is filling.
(6) Members of the board shall receive no compensation for their services as members of the board but shall be reimbursed for expenses incurred while engaged in the performance of their official duties as provided in sections 81-1174 to 81-1177.