Nebraska Revised Statute 39-1372
Freeways; maintenance of approach, exit, and frontage roads; lighting facilities.
(1) The department is charged with the maintenance of any freeway, including approach or exit roads thereto or part thereof whether or not such road is situated within or without the limits of any county, village, or city, including cities of the metropolitan and primary classes, except as hereinafter provided otherwise; Provided, that responsibility for maintenance of frontage roads shall automatically become the responsibility of the county or city in which they are located unless the department contracts to maintain them.
(2) The responsibility of the department for the maintenance of approach and exit roads shall end at the point where such roads terminate, merge, or intersect with city streets or county roads, except as hereinafter provided.
(3) The department is charged with the maintenance of the separation structure of any bridge situated overhead of a freeway except for ice treatment and removal of snow from such structures; Provided, that the department shall not be liable for the maintenance of the approaches to such separation structures or of anything outside the abutments to such separation structures.
(4) The department shall be responsible for construction of lighting facilities upon any part of the roadway of a freeway, including approach or exit roads thereto; Provided, that the maintenance and operation of such lighting facilities located within the limits of any city or village shall become the responsibility of such city or village.
(5) Nothing contained in this section shall be construed to prevent the department from entering into special agreements with cities or villages regarding the reconstruction and maintenance of freeways, including approach or exit roads thereto within the limits of such cities or villages.
- Laws 1961, c. 184, § 6, p. 552.