Nebraska Revised Statute 38-2867.03
Chapter 38 Section 2867.03
Pharmacist; practice agreement; notice; contents; form; pharmacist intern participation.
(1) A pharmacist may enter into a practice agreement as provided in this section with a licensed health care practitioner authorized to prescribe independently to provide pharmaceutical care according to written protocols. The pharmacist shall notify the board of any practice agreement at the initiation of the agreement and at the time of any change in parties to the agreement or written protocols. The notice shall be given to both the Board of Pharmacy and the board which licensed the health care practitioner. The notice shall contain the name of each pharmacist participating in the agreement and each licensed health care practitioner authorized to prescribe independently participating in the agreement and a description of the therapy being monitored or initiated.
(2) A copy of the practice agreement and written protocols shall be available for review by a representative of the department. A copy of the practice agreement shall be sent to the Board of Pharmacy upon request by the board.
(3) A practice agreement shall be in writing. Each pharmacist participating in the agreement and each licensed health care practitioner authorized to prescribe independently participating in the agreement shall sign the agreement and the written protocols at the initiation of the agreement and shall review, sign, and date the documents every two years thereafter. A practice agreement is active after it is signed by all the parties listed in the agreement.
(4) A practice agreement and written protocols cease immediately upon (a) the death of either the pharmacist or the practitioner, (b) the loss of license to practice by either the pharmacist or the practitioner, (c) a disciplinary action limiting the ability of either the pharmacist or practitioner to enter into practice agreement, or (d) the individual decision of either the pharmacist or practitioner or mutual agreement by the parties to terminate the agreement.
(5) A pharmacist intern may participate in a practice agreement without expressly being mentioned in the agreement if the pharmacist intern is supervised by a pharmacist who is a party to the agreement.