Nebraska Revised Statute 38-1720
Mobile massage therapy establishment; operation; requirements.
In order to maintain its license in good standing, each mobile massage therapy establishment shall operate in accordance with the following requirements:
(1) The establishment shall at all times comply with all applicable provisions of the Massage Therapy Practice Act and all rules and regulations adopted and promulgated under the act;
(2) The establishment owner or his or her agent shall notify the department of any change of ownership, name, or office address and if an establishment is permanently closed;
(3) No establishment shall permit any unlicensed person to perform any of the practices of massage therapy within its confines or employment;
(4) The establishment shall display a name upon, over, or near the entrance door distinguishing it as a mobile massage therapy establishment;
(5) The establishment shall permit any duly authorized agent of the department to conduct an operation inspection or investigation at any time during the normal operating hours of the establishment, without prior notice, and the owner and manager shall assist the inspector by providing access to all areas of the establishment, all personnel, and all records requested by the inspector;
(6) The establishment shall display in a conspicuous place the following records:
(a) The current license or certificate of consideration to operate an establishment;
(b) The current licenses of all persons licensed under the act who are employed by or working in the establishment; and
(c) The rating sheet from the most recent operation inspection;
(7) At no time shall an establishment employ more employees than permitted by the square footage requirements of the Massage Therapy Practice Act;
(8) No massage therapy services may be performed in an establishment while the establishment is moving. The establishment must be safely and legally parked in a legal parking space at all times while clients are present inside the establishment. An establishment shall not park or conduct business within three hundred feet of another brick and mortar licensed massage therapy establishment. The department is not responsible for monitoring for enforcement of this subdivision but may discipline a license for a reported and verified violation;
(9) The owner of the establishment shall maintain a permanent business address at which correspondence from the department may be received and records of appointments, license numbers, and vehicle identification numbers shall be kept for each establishment being operated by the owner. The owner shall make such records available for verification and inspection by the department; and
(10) The establishment shall not knowingly permit its employees or clients to use, consume, serve, or in any manner possess or distribute intoxicating beverages or controlled substances upon its premises.
- Laws 2019, LB244, § 9.
- Effective Date: May 30, 2019