Nebraska Revised Statute 38-10,158.01
Mobile nail technology salon; license; requirements.
In order to be licensed as a mobile nail technology salon by the department, an applicant shall meet, and present to the department evidence of meeting, the following requirements:
(1) The proposed salon is a self-contained, self-supporting, enclosed mobile unit;
(2)(a)(i) The mobile unit has a global positioning system tracking device that enables the department to track the location of the salon over the Internet;
(ii) The device is on board the mobile unit and functioning at all times the salon is in operation or open for business; and
(iii) The owner of the salon provides the department with all information necessary to track the salon over the Internet; or
(b) The owner of the salon submits to the department, in a manner specified by the department, a weekly itinerary showing the dates, exact locations, and times that nail technology services are scheduled to be provided. The owner shall submit the itinerary not less than seven calendar days prior to the beginning of the service described in the itinerary and shall submit to the department any changes in the itinerary not less than twenty-four hours prior to the change. A salon shall follow the itinerary in providing service and notify the department of any changes;
(3) The salon has insurance coverage which meets the requirements of the department for the mobile unit;
(4) The salon is clearly identified as such to the public by a sign;
(5) The salon complies with the sanitary requirements of the Cosmetology, Electrology, Esthetics, Nail Technology, and Body Art Practice Act;
(6) The entrance into the proposed salon used by the general public provides safe access by the public;
(7) The proposed salon has at least one hundred fifty square feet of floor space. If more than one practitioner is to be employed in the salon at the same time, the salon shall contain an additional space of at least fifty square feet for each additional practitioner; and
(8) The proposed salon includes a functional sink and toilet facilities and maintains an adequate supply of clean water and wastewater storage capacity.
- Laws 2018, LB731, § 58.
- Operative Date: January 1, 2019